Friday 12 June 2015

Crowd-Pleasing Brownie Decadent Dessert

Warning...Not a Low Anything Dessert



I say crowd-pleasing; well this dessert definitely pleased the two crowds that I have served it to.
  I even got a proposal of marriage because of it at my daughter's baby shower, which everyone found funny.  But that is how yummy and decadent this is.  Don't think you need a special occasion to make this but it is rather large...there is a lot of it so it definitely suits a crowd.
This recipe has been floating around the web for a while; Pinterest has any number of variations of it. 

Here is how I made it...

1 box brownie mix, made and baked as per box directions. This makes the first layer.
1 block cream cheese whipped with 1 cup of icing sugar, then one container of Cool Whip blended into the cream cheese mixture.  This is the second layer.
1 package of chocolate pudding mix (I used Jello) mixed as per package directions. This is the third layer.
I spread half a jar of caramel sauce over this.
I beat 1 cup of whipping cream into peaks, then mixed another container of Cool Whip into the cream. This is the fourth layer.
Finally, I crushed 4 Hersheys Milk Chocolate with Almonds bars  and sprinkled on the top.

I can't wait to make this again. I don't indulge in sweets often and the occasional serving of dessert like this is a real treat.  Perhaps for Hubby's birthday get-together...surely he will lift his dessert ban for that.

Have you been following all the wonderful desserts on Pinterest?  So many recipes accompanied by the most scrumptious photos...a feast for the eyes, literally. 

No comments :