Tuesday 30 May 2017

Home Again

Back to the wooden house and needn't have worried about Hubby being carried away by the dust bunnies.  Vacuums out and plugged in on both floors meaning he had literally just vacuumed before leaving to pick me up.
 Overall he had done well especially food wise. Younger daughter had spoiled him by bringing him supper two evenings; he'd eaten all his favourites that I had lined up in his line of vision in the pantry. Also he'd made away with a whole Costco strawberry/apple pie by himself...no mean feat; those weigh almost four pounds!  As he said a dirty job, but somebody had to do it.

For myself, the train rides did not disappoint.  I loved sitting and watching for any birds or animals I could spy out the big window while sipping a glass of Merlot and deciding what someone would bring me for lunch.  I don't care what it is, but I find it a treat to be served food. Just the heights of indulgence and enjoyment.

Tenth floor hotel views of the American and Canadian falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario






 And  I swam a lot and walked a lot which was good cause I ate a lot and got to reminisce a lot with the grandfather so all was wonderful.  Grandson got to swim a lot too, rode into the falls' mist, went for it on the big rides at Marineland and spend the one rainy day indoors at a waterpark,  A must do for 12 year olds these days I guess.

Niagara Falls is a very safe town and everyone seems friendly and helpful in the tourist areas.  Our last night, a very large tour group of British seniors arrived...adding to the wonderful happy holiday mood that prevails there.



He's definitely growing up but I was happy to see he still liked getting a frog drink holder at the Rainforest Cafe. 😉  That's Strawberry Lemonade I'm drinking...nice.
  .


A pretty breakfast one morning.  That's quinoa pancakes holding up the eggs.  Also nice.


So my suitcase has been emptied and everything tucked away again.
 Now it's down to the memories and back to real life.

No comments :