Sunday 14 May 2017

Shouldn'ts For Quilters, Fabric Tulips in Pink

Maybe you are in a good place when it comes to being satisfied with your work which is a wonderful place to be. And I do see so many beautiful projects and even what I would call works of art when I visit your blogs.  I love doing that.

I may some day get to that place of being totally satisfied with my own work. Though I must admit, I'm settling down and feeling happier the more I learn and practice.  That being said I really liked this video by Angela Walters called Three Things Quilters Should Stop Doing.



Two comments really resonated with me.  I wonder if you can figure out which two.

Here is my little Tulips project hanging on the wall. I finally finished appliquing those red cornerstones.
  I was half afraid to look at the photo because I find the camera shows me what it looks like better than my eye. There are waves here that it does not have so is straighter in real life. Honestly!

 I followed Allie's lead and edged with greens and then with what will be a thin border of red.  I totally lucked out with this red from my cupboard which is an orangy kind of red and suited the bright greens really well.



I am so happy it is now a quilt sandwich and I can begin the hand quilting. I found a pretty white tone on tone fabric in my stash; it features fields of flowers and even tulips so seemed to be just right.
  I'm loving the size of this which will be quite manageable in my lap.


As always I'll start in the center and work my way out and hope that that will prevent any extra puckers.  I'm thinking of some outline stitching around the tulips to begin.
 What do you think?

Happy Stitching All

I will be happily joining the other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts and the happy scrappy quilters at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework  and still other crafters at Quilting Room With Mel and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

No comments :