Tuesday 6 June 2017

Sticky Toffee Puddings and On My Knees

I have been so happy to finally get out into the garden.  I've logged a few hours each day now in the last week sometimes in between the rain showers. And I have a few creaky joints to show for it. I guess it is the "on the knees bit" and the "getting up and down" that do give a little work out.

 Do you remember me calling this property Hosta Heaven when I first saw it last year?
Summer is revealing that it still lives up to that name.







The hostas are everywhere and they thrive in full sun though we've not seen a lot of that yet.

The little red squirrels love the sunflower seeds.  That's one this little guy is dropping.


I also put together three planters of mostly annuals I bought at Walmart.  That's the only way there is going to be much colour just yet.  We are having the coolest spring in several decades.



I made Hubby his Sticky Toffee Puddings and used the very easy recipe from Barry's Rock Recipes site called Perfect English Sticky Toffee Puddings. I have to say the flavour of these is so delicious and I have eaten a few too.  They really don't need a sauce and taste so good with just a big cup of tea.



I used my largest muffin tin pan and froze them which makes for a convenient snack or little dessert.


Photographing food so it looks fit to eat is an art-one I need to keep working on!






No comments :