Saturday 30 December 2017

We Are Not All Quilting Queens!

 January is named after the God Janus...the one with two faces, one looking backward and one looking forward. This post is my glance back, I guess you could call it, at 2017.

There is a small amount of information Blogger provides for each post that gets published. One of those things is the number of page views. This count of page views is then broken down by countries of the world- but I don't know, dear readers, what province, state, territory or county you live in.

The number of  pageviews and comments continue to grow which heartens me to keep this blog going whenever I think I should concentrate more on other endeavors.

Here are the top five posts for 2017 in ascending order ranked by page views.

For the Sake of My Sewing Sanity

We are not all Quilting Queens!
I loved how so many of you chimed in to let me know it was okay to change up a pattern to suit my skill level and thus save my sanity.  It really helped me feel fine about the decision.
I was talking about my A Patchwork Year project by Kathy Schmitz.  I am loving it and just finished another block using the Pot Holder quilting method.

I attempted to hand quilt what I thought of as snowy swirls around Santa in this block.


 And this little video from that post is so pleasing especially as I look out on my snowy landscape today.



Liberty Block and Smashed Finger

I got a lot of concern and advice about my smashed finger which I showed you. The nail did grow out the broken bit which took about 4 months and it was really ugly during that phase. At one point I had a brand new nail and the smashed bit in equal parts on my finger! I now have a slight ridge straight down the center of it that I suspect will be permanent.  This is also the finger that I have trigger finger response in and I've wondered if the two are related.

Liberty Block on the wall.




What's Green and Very, Very Scrappy

All the scrappy patchwork quilters out there responded well to this post. And this one lived up to its name- truly scrappy as seen here getting its binding.


What the World Needs Now

This one was such a sentimental favourite I assumed it would win.  I received by far the most emailed comments about this post, some so touching and heart felt.  There is a lot of concern about leaders, politics, war and the general way of the world these days.  Some of you, like myself, are doing your share of fretting about these things!

The concept of Sonder intrigued so many of YOU!



Sew Spooky So Finished

Such a fun project to work on.  No stress!


Thanks to Cheri Payne's patterns!  A huge number of people completed this project after she posted the free patterns on her Facebook page, Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group.  There seems to be a massive following for anything primitive these days.  Other than that I can't think why this one got so many clicks. I never did post my finish on the Facebook page.  I'm still learning how powerful Facebook can be for bloggers.  Something to explore in the new year perhaps.

I am so happy to meet people from all over the world through this blog and the connections it gives me are so meaningful. I appreciate it all every single day and I hope you all know that amplified as it is by the fact that I am a true loner in real life.

Stay tuned...A Scandinavian Christmas is THIS close to being a flimsy...my happy job for today.

Happily linking with the following: Best of 2017 Linky Party






No comments :